Thursday, September 18, 2008

Opening exercises


As a family we try to set aside one night a week to spend extra time as a family, have a lesson and forget about the hustle and bustle of the week ahead. So the other night my daughter puts together a lesson and her little sister wanted to help her with "opening exercises". Opening exercises is usually something we do at church or youth activity were everyone gathers together and it will include something like a prayer, scripture, song, thought, announcements etc. Anyway were all sitting down and she gets up and says "please stand" so we all get up and she says "now follow me" and the next thing I know we are all moving our arms, doing squats, some sort of twisted arm thing (I'm pretty sure she learned at school) and some knee lifting stuff. We looked at each other and when we sat down I have never laughed so hard in my life. I, of course was trying to laugh so she wouldn't see me. Later I thought "oh no, does the older one understand about opening exercises, she is to old not to know" of course I had to ask her and she informed me that "yes mom, I do but that is what her little sister wanted to do". I thought it was sweet she let her help with "opening exercises" and it was the best I have ever attended. Now I need to make sure the little one knows what opening exercises is. Maybe later.


Welcome to opening exercises















5 comments:

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

very cute!!

aves

Not Betty Crocker said...

What a cute little girl and a sweet older sister to let her do "opening exercises". That was funny.

Marta said...

Hilarious. I love the way kids think!

This Mama said...

Cute!
The blog is looking really nice!!
(Mandy)

Jenn said...

Too funny. I like the look on your sons face.