Friday, December 12, 2008

Still Waiting

*pause my playlist at the bottom


"Merry Christmas" Third Day

A special song for all of you still waiting for your little ones (sons and daughters) from China. The wait is so very long and I know the Holidays seem to make the wait even harder and sometimes unbearable. That is how I felt when we were waiting so long ago. I pray for all of you that the time will go by quickly. The last six months of our wait are a complete blur even now. My poor kids at home I don't even remember doing anything with them. I became so obsessed with my computer and referrals that I shut almost everything else out. I do regret that time I lost with my awesome, forgiving kids at home.

This time around I am much better. I am living more in the moment and just dealing with the fact that they are not home for Christmas. I hope you to can stay in the moment (I know easier said than done).

Our family wishes you and your families and your babies in China a Merry Christmas

6 comments:

sarah said...

I'd never heard this song before, and I hope you didn't care I stole it to put it on my blog for my family to hear.

Marta said...

I know this is specific to China but I had always thought of it for everyone involved in adoption, especially still waiting, at Christmas.

Elder Cook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elder Cook said...

Uh yes, however my post was some love from our family to the families in the middle of a 3-4 year wait for a referal from China. Yes 3-4 year wait. You have know idea how this song obviously hit home for me this year also.

Not Betty Crocker said...

Love this song!

I tagged you on my blog.

Jenn said...

I know how hard the wait is and cannot even imagine 3-4 years.