Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Look what came today

my very first order from Amazon. I was really excited to get my books. A few of them are books I have wanted to read for a while now so I can't wait to get reading. Some of them are about Haiti, one is for Gage he has to read it for Chinese and some are for Chloe so we can read them to her. A few I have wanted for Chinese New Year which will be here shortly. I love when the doorbell rings and I have a delivery. Sometimes I have even forgot that I ordered a specific thing. I love that surprise. What's crazy, at least to me is that I ordered 10 books in the same order, they where all in stock, they gave me one confirmation and one shipping price. Why are the coming in three different orders on three different days? Sounds like more work for them to me but whatever. My UPS guy probably thinks all I do is shop all day cause he is here so dang much. "Hey guy in the brown outfit it was really only one order. I promise." Six came today and two more shipments of two. Oh well!








3 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

Tell me which ones you ordered. I see Angels of a Lower Flight-I loved that book!! I haven't read mountains beyond mountains yet. I have a list of Haitian books and adoption books I want to read this year. That's why I'm so interested in what you ordered.

Perla said...

ooo! i see some gems! mountains beyond mountains and angels of a lower flight are both fantastic!

i feel the same as you about an order i recently placed from target. i found some really cute bedding for when our basement is finished (shortly hopefully!) and can put my girls downstairs in their new room. i was one order but yesterday i received one pillow and one bed skirt. today i received 3 different boxes, each with one item--another pillow and one quilt. at this rate i have about 6 more packages coming in the next few days, but that is okay. i love getting boxes addressed to me! :)

Yen973 said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! I think the next reunion is going to be here in NJ! Not sure when yet, but we are working on that. What Chinese books did you get for Chole? I have the Moonbeams one and My First Chinese New Year.
Dana