Tuesday, May 12, 2009

You don't just quit!!!

These are the words spoken to me so loud and clear by my 12 year old. I will admit I sometimes want to quit and run the other way as fast as I can BUT in our home we have taught our kids to never quit on anything they are doing. You might not be the best at what you are doing and you might find out that you don't love what you are doing but you at least finish it out and try.


If you choose to play a sport and you sign up, then you finish the season.

If you choose to take dance and you sign up, you have to go through recital.

If you want to play piano then you practice.

And the list goes on. I don't mind if they change their little minds which of course happens when you are trying to find what you love but you don't just quit.



So with that, how can I just quit "I CAN'T" I have to finish this season in my life.

8 comments:

A Blessed Life said...

How true! You don't know how many times I have prayed for God to close the door in this adoption if it's not meant to be so I can just get on with my life.
This waiting and not knowing is sooo hard!

Marta said...

I have been praying for you and your family!

Not Betty Crocker said...

I'm so glad you were reminded of this:) It certainly sucks but you can't quit. Love you!

Janet said...

So glad to hear this I have been praying for you also.

I would be glad to take something for your kids in haiti let me know if you need my address.

Circe said...

Crystal, you are going through such turmoil! I'm so happy to hear that the story won't have an abrupt and heartbreaking ending. We have you in our prayers. and I know for a fact you're one of the best moms there is. To all your kids.

sarah said...

YAY! I am late to get to this, but I am behind you 100%!

Pete and Mare said...

Hi christal, sorry I have been I have not been good at keeping up. I am in over my head to say the least these days, I will try to do better.
Pete and I take the same approach with our children's activities and also with life. You are a strong lady! Thank you for reaching out to me. I look forward to getting to know you and your family better over the years. You are in my prayers. Please let me know if you need anything. ~Mare

Pete and Mare said...

p.s. i noticed you have the m.g. quote on your blog now. it's my favorite all time quote... its why we are here.